Thursday, October 4, 2012

Anna and Digant Part One: Music in Piedmont Park by Erik Baker





I love leaving room for the unexpected in photo shoots.  

Digant and Anna graciously supported my fundraising efforts (to offset the costs of two international trips I have coming up)  by signing up for a mini session.  What was most important to them was spending a few quality moments together before Digant left for grad school.  They weren't too picky about location or poses.  Knowing both of their love for the arts, I thought it might be a good idea to have them stroll through the Atlanta Arts Festival in Piedmont park.  I wanted to do what I enjoy most -just casually following and quietly capturing moments.

When we arrived, we heard the sound of music playing from the pavilion.  Without much direction, the couple headed over to take a listen.  What we discovered was more than just your everyday band playing music as a background in the park.  We saw two animated, passionate, musicians who kept us engaged for his entire set.  Between capturing photos of the couple, I was enthralled with the music and knew that I had a new band to add to my collection.  I've been listening to Erik Baker non-stop since that moment.

There's more to come from the session with this couple -both whom I call friends and both who I have the utmost respect and appreciation for.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Part 2 and Part 3 coming soon.

Photography by Carlton Mackey
Amazing Music by Erik Baker









No comments:

Post a Comment