Friday, February 1, 2013

PHOTO GALLERY OF IMAGES FROM MIDDLE EAST JOURNEY BY CARLTON MACKEY FEATURE ON CNN BELIEF BLOG

 As you all know from this post about My Journey to Jordan, Israel, Palestine, I was fortunate to bel able to capture images and stories that the Journey.  Accompanying a story by my friend and colleague, Dr. Arri Eisen, a gallery of my images were recently featured on CNN.  This is the first time any of my images have appeared on CNN.  I am certainly happy.


Editor's note: Arri Eisen, PhD., is professor of pedagogy at Emory University’s Center for Ethics, Department of Biology and Graduate Institute of the Liberal Arts. Carlton D. Mackey, who took the accompanying photographs, is the director of the Ethics & the Arts Initiative at the Emory University Center for Ethics.
By Arri Eisen, Special to CNN
Monday was Martin Luther King Day. Monday, Barack Obama was inaugurated president for the second time.
This was one of the few glimmers of hope held up by many of the Palestinians I met with at the turn of the year in the West Bank: “Who would have thought in Martin Luther King’s day that you would now have a black president? If that can happen in the U.S., then maybe one day there can be peace here.”

READ COMPLETE ARTICLE AT:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/26/my-take-an-american-jew-finds-mlk-and-a-new-understanding-on-the-west-bank/

No comments:

Post a Comment