Tuesday, January 8, 2013

JOURNEY TO ISRAEL JORDAN PALESTINE - MEET NADINE

It as like a natural instinct.  Before I even thought about it, the image was captured...and smiles were exchanged.

Now for the beginning of the story:

I had just broken away from the group and was strolling casually down the streets of the old city -a historic and distinct part of Jerusalem.  I honestly don't know if I heard the click of the shutter or if I just had that feeling (we all have had it) of someone watching me.

I turn around quickly to find a camera pointed directly at me.  With what must have been just my photographer's instinct, I whipped my camera around and starting taking photos back.  Behind the camera was a college student named Nadine.  In a brilliant move by her professor, she had been given the assignment to take pictures of people in the Old City who were carrying cameras.  She showed me her reel from the day of image after image of folks she had captured.

I don't think she was ready for me to flip the script though.
---

Part 4 in a series of posts featuring some of the people I met along this Journey to Jordan, Israel, Palestine -people who have for extended periods of time and sometimes for only brief moments helped me discover more about myself.
As you look at her, what do you see?
Meet Nadine -The student photographer


Photo by Carlton Mackey

*Who will we meet tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment